DescriptionMasking tape 3M 8991 is a blue polyester tape with a silicone adhesive. It can be used in a large variety of high temperature applications including powdercoat masking, flashbreaker, and bag sealing applications. Additional applications include, splicing, tabbing, or roll closing silicone treated liners or materials Features
- Polyester films offer excellent thermal, abrasion, and chemical resistance while maintaining their flexibility.
- Blue color makes tape placement obvious for both application and removal.
- Thin backing leaves a sharp paint line and some conformability.
- Silicone adhesives offer high heat resistance compared to many rubber and acrylic adhesives, reducing failure due to softening, oozing, and adhesive transfer.
- Silicone adhesives adhere well to tough-to-stick-to surfaces like silicone liners and fixtures coated with mold release.
- Silicone adhesive removes cleanly from many surfaces.
- Linered version available for die-cuts.
- Masking for powdercoat painting.
- Flashbreaker tape when pulling through cured coating such as epoxies.
- Holding and splicing difficult to stick to surfaces such as silicone liner.
- Holding parts or sealing vacuum bags during processing.
|Width||24,5 mm/ 50,8 mm|
|Length (in roll)||66 m|
|Maximum operating temperature||204°С (for 30 minutes)|
|Adhesion to steel||34 N/100 mm|
|Tensile strength||508 N/100 mm|
|Elongation at break||100%|
|Storage conditions||Store under normal conditions of 60° to 80°F (16° to 27°C) and 40 to 60% relative humidity in the original packaging material.|
|Time of expiry||To obtain best performance, use this product within 24 months from date of manufacture.|